Microsoft KB Archive/103749
Article ID: 103749
Article Last Modified on 8/6/2002
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.21 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
This article was previously published under Q103749
Windows for Workgroups version 3.11 File Manager may cause a general protection (GP) fault in KRNL386.EXE when you start your system with an MS-DOS multiple-configuration (multi-config) menu.
This problem occurs when you start your system with a multi-config menu without loading IFSHLP.SYS.
Ensure the configuration menu for Windows for Workgroups loads IFSHLP.SYS from the CONFIG.SYS file.
To add or remove programs from the Works Suite follow these steps:
- Insert disk one of the Works Suite 2001 disks.
- Click Start, click Run and then type CD-Drive:\setup.exe (for example, D:\setup).
- Click Custom.
- Click the button corresponding to the program that you want to install.
Additional query words: 6.22 6.20 multiple configuration menu