Microsoft KB Archive/103533
Article ID: 103533
Article Last Modified on 11/22/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q103533
This information applies to both Microsoft DoubleSpace and Microsoft DriveSpace. For MS-DOS 6.22, use DRVSPACE in place of DBLSPACE for commands and filenames.
If you copy a compressed volume file (CVF) to a DoubleSpace-compressed drive and attempt to mount the file, you receive the following messages:
For example, you receive this error if you copy DBLSPACE.001 to your compressed drive C and type dblspace /mount=1 c: at the MS-DOS command prompt. In addition, your drive C is unmounted.
DoubleSpace is not designed to support mounting CVFs from CVFs.
To work around this problem:
- Restart your computer to gain access to your compressed drive.
- Copy the CVF from your compressed drive to an uncompressed drive.
- Mount the CVF from the uncompressed drive.
Additional query words: 6.20