Microsoft KB Archive/103309
PSS ID Number: 103309
Article Last Modified on 11/23/1999
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
- Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
- Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
- Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
- Microsoft Windows 3.0
- Microsoft Windows 3.0a
- Microsoft Windows 3.1
- Microsoft Windows 3.11
This article was previously published under Q103309
You receive the following error message when you try to use Microsoft Anti-Virus for Windows (MWAV.EXE):
This problem occurs if any of the following conditions exist:
- A logical drive connected through Interlnk was scanned. -or-
- A local drive with LANtastic network software loaded was scanned. -or-
- A virus has destroyed the header on the floppy disk that Microsoft Anti-Virus for Windows is attempting to clean. (If you are using the MS-DOS-based version of the Microsoft Anti-Virus program, a message reports that the disk is not recognized or that the drive is not ready. To confirm the header on the floppy disk is damaged, try reading the disk from the MS-DOS command prompt.)
Microsoft Anti-Virus for Windows does not have the ability to scan logical drives that have been connected using the Interlnk program that ships with MS-DOS 6.0 and 6.2. If you want to scan such drives using Microsoft Anti- Virus, you must use Microsoft Anti-Virus for MS-DOS (MSAV.EXE).
If you have LANtastic network software loaded and you receive the error message noted above, reboot your computer without loading the LANtastic network software and then run Microsoft Anti-Virus for Windows.
NOTE: Unloading the LANtastic network software does not allow you to run Microsoft Anti-Virus for Windows; you must reboot your computer without loading the LANtastic software.
Additional query words: 6.22 6.00 6.20 interlink
Technology: kbMSDOS600 kbMSDOS620 kbMSDOS621 kbMSDOS622 kbMSDOSSearch kbWin300 kbWin300a kbWin310 kbWin311 kbWin3xSearch kbZNotKeyword3