PRA: Setup Program Not Handling All Palette Messages
Article ID: Q103250
Creation Date: 19-AUG-1993
Revision Date: 19-SEP-1996
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Access versions 1.0 and 1.1
The colors on the Microsoft Access Setup screen may appear completely random.
This problem occurs if you load a 256-color bitmap in an application such as Paintbrush before starting the Microsoft Access Setup program, then switch to this application while the Microsoft Access Setup program is running. This problem occurs only if you are using a driver other than a 16-color video driver.
You can correctly redraw the Microsoft Access Setup screen by maximizing and then minimizing the application in which you loaded the 256-color bitmap (for example, the Paintbrush window containing the 256-color bitmap). You can also switch to a 16-color video driver.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access versions 1.0 and 1.1. This problem no longer occurs in Microsoft Access version 2.0.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Make sure that you are using a 256-color video driver.
- Open Paintbrush and load a 256-color bitmap.
- Size the Paintbrush window to fill the right half of your screen.
- Start the Microsoft Access Setup program. At the first opportunity (after entering your name and company), size the Setup window to fill the left half of the screen.
- Activate the Paintbrush window by clicking the title bar. Random colors now appear in the Microsoft Access Setup window.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THE MICROSOFT KNOWLEDGE BASE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MICROSOFT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT CORPORATION OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF MICROSOFT CORPORATION OR ITS SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
©1997 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Legal Notices.
Additional reference words: 1.00 1.10 WinIss install file bmp