Microsoft KB Archive/103186
Article ID: 103186
Article Last Modified on 5/6/2003
- Microsoft Access 1.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 1.1 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 2.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q103186
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
When you try to export a Microsoft Access table that contains more than one memo field to Btrieve format, you may receive the following error message
Microsoft Access follows the Xtrieve specification for writing to Btrieve tables. This specification allows only one memo field, which must be the leftmost field in the table.
Change the table so that it contains only one memo field by doing either of the following:
- Change the data types of all but one memo field.
- Move the memo fields to other tables so that there is only one memo field per table.
Btrieve is manufactured by Pervasive Software, a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb kb3rdparty KB103186