Microsoft KB Archive/103157
Article ID: 103157
Article Last Modified on 10/6/2003
- Microsoft Works 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 2.0a
- Microsoft Works 3.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q103157
When using the Diamond Viper 65K color video drivers dated 4/27/93 with Works for Windows, the document window in all modules appears black, regardless of the color selected in the Windows Control Panel. The correct background color will gradually appear as text is entered.
This problem occurs with the UMC 640 x 480 x 256 driver versions 5.0 and .7.
- Use the standard VGA or SVGA video driver that is supplied with Windows 3.1. -or-
- Use any of the other Diamond Viper video drivers.
For more information about the Diamond SpeedStar video boards or updated drivers, contact Diamond Computer Systems technical support at
- Technical support: (408) 325-7100
- BBS support 2400 only: (408) 325-7080
- BBS support 9600 only: (408) 325-7175
The video drivers included here are manufactured by Diamond, a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.
Additional query words: solid empty typing type wp ss db