Microsoft KB Archive/103113
Word Running with Windows NT Prints from Wrong Paper Bin
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Word for Windows, versions 2.0, 2.0a, 2.0a-CD, 2.0b, 2.0c, 6.0, 6.0a, used with:
- The Microsoft Windows NT operating system, version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server, version 3.1
When printing a Word for Windows document with Windows NT, the paper source (for example, upper bin) that the document is formatted for may be overridden.
Windows NT will automatically select an appropriate paper source based on document formatting and the paper size (for example, legal), overriding any bin specification made by the application.
This problem was corrected in Windows NT Workstation 3.5 and Windows NT Server 3.5.
Through the Windows NT Print Manager, an administrator can assign particular paper sizes to particular paper bins on the printer. For instance, the administrator can specify that all letter-size pages printed from an application come from the upper bin, no matter which bin the document is formatted for.
To print a particular paper size to a different paper bin from Word for Windows with Windows NT, an administrator must reassign that paper size to the desired paper bin in the Print Manager before printing.
To define which paper bin a particular paper size will feed from:
- Open the Windows NT Print Manager.
- Select the window representing the printer that will be changed so that it is in front of any other printer windows.
- From the Printer menu, choose Properties.
- Choose the Setup button.
- From the Forms Source list, select the desired paper bin.
- From the Forms Name list, select the desired form name (for example, Letter or Legal).
Note: For the document to be printed from the desired bin, no other Forms Source (paper bin) should be set to the same Form Name.
- Choose OK.
- Choose OK.
This change to the printer will take effect immediately.
Additional query words: 6.0 2.0 word6 winword2 winword tray default admin wrong envelope
Keywords : kbprint
Issue type :
Technology : kbWinNTsearch kbWinNTSsearch kbWinNTAdvSerSearch kbWinNTAdvSer310 kbOSWinNT kbWordSearch kbWordWSearch kbOSWinSearch
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000