Microsoft KB Archive/103101
Some OS/2 Character-Based Apps Use Presentation Mgr APIs
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows NT Server version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server, version 3.1
In Windows NT, the OS/2 subsystem supports OS/2 1.x character-based applications. Although they are character-based, some OS/2 applications may use OS/2 Presentation Manager application programming interface (API) calls and thus will not run with Windows NT.
One of the following error messages may appear:
- The system cannot find the file OS2SM
- Error ordinal not found DOSCALLS.XXX
These errors indicate that execution of a Presentation Manager file was attempted.
Additional query words: prodnt
Keywords : kb3rdparty
Issue type :
Technology : kbWinNTsearch kbWinNTWsearch kbWinNTW310 kbWinNTSsearch kbWinNTS310 kbWinNTAdvSerSearch kbWinNTAdvServ310 kbWinNTS310xsearch kbWinNT310xSearch kbWinNTW310Search
Last Reviewed: October 27, 2000