Microsoft KB Archive/103030
PRB: FoxDoc Incorrectly Reports Table Names in DATADICT.DOC
The information in this article applies to:
When FoxDoc is run on a project that contains a query that builds a quick report, the FoxDoc-generated DATADICT.DOC is inaccurate.
FoxDoc incorrectly parses the .QPR file, interpreting each keyword in the REPORT FORM command as a table.
Do not use the Query Builder Quick Report option. Manually design a quick report using the Report Writer. Create a .PRG file that includes a call to the .QPR file and a call to the REPORT FORM command.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
1. Create a new query QTEST.QPR file.
2. Base the query upon CUSTOMER.DBF in the FOXPRO25A\TUTORIAL
4. Redirect the output of the query to Report/Label. 5. Select Options. In the RQBE Display Options dialog box, select
Report, and then select Quick Report. Accept the default name (QUERY.FRX) or specify another.
6. Save the query, and return to the Command window. 7. Run FoxDoc on the query. In the Main Program/Project Filename box,
8. Issue the following command:
MODIFY FILE datadict.doc If you have used the defaults, the document should summarize use of the following databases: CUSTOME.DBF CREATE.DBF REPORT.DBF QUERY.FRX FROM.DBF QUERY.DBF WIDTH.DBF 80.DBF COLUMN.DBF NOOVERWRITE.DBF
FoxDoc seems to be interpreting several keywords in the CREATE REPORT and REPORT FORM command line as individual tables. Additionally, FoxDoc truncates the actual table name upon which the query is built. The FoxDoc-documented QTEST.QPR file is similarly inaccurate. This behavior also occurs if the query is added to a project. It does not occur if the Quick Report option is not selected.
Additional reference words: FoxDos 2.50a KBCategory: kbprg kbprb KBSubcategory:
Last Reviewed: April 17, 1995