Microsoft KB Archive/102949
Article ID: 102949
Article Last Modified on 12/1/2003
- Microsoft Visual C++ 1.5 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual C++ 1.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft FORTRAN PowerStation 1.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Fortran PowerStation 1.0a for MS-DOS
- Microsoft Macro Assembler 6.1 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Macro Assembler 6.11 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q102949
The Microsoft DOSXNT MS-DOS-extended C/C++ compiler, FORTRAN compiler, Macro Assembler, or other utility generates the following error:
With the exception of Microsoft Visual C++ 32-bit Edition, the product documentation does not provide any additional information regarding the cause of this error.
The version of DOSXNT that is found does not match the executable being invoked. This problem often occurs when Microsoft development tools with different versions of DOSXNT have been installed in the same directory.
To ensure that all MS-DOS-extended tools run successfully, it is recommended that you install each language product in a separate directory and that you leave each version of DOSXNT.EXE in the subdirectory that contains the tools it supports. This allows each MS-DOS-extended tool to locate the appropriate version of DOSXNT.EXE.
Several Microsoft language products provide 32-bit MS-DOS-extended tools that use the Microsoft DOSXNT MS-DOS Extender. The version of DOSXNT used by Microsoft Visual C++ version 1.0, Microsoft PowerStation version 1.0 and 1.0a, and Microsoft MASM version 6.1a are not compatible with the version used by Microsoft MASM version 6.1.
NOTE: DOSXNT.EXE is no longer included in the following Microsoft products:
- Fortran PowerStation 32 for NT, versions 2.0 and above.
- Visual C++, 32-bit Edition, version 2.x and above.
Additional query words: 1.00 1.00a 1.50 6.10 6.10a 6.11 DOSXNT
Keywords: kblangfortran kbprb kbcompiler KB102949