Microsoft KB Archive/102934
Creating a Report with Highlights on Every Other Line
The information in this article applies to:
In FoxPro 2.5 for Windows, you can use the Report Writer to create a report with every other line highlighted, as shown below.
The following two methods demonstrate how to create a report like the one on page U14-39 in the "User's Guide."
NOTE: This method should be used on a database with no order set.
1. In the Command window, enter:
USE customer.dbf CREATE REPORT TEST
2. From the toolbar in the report, click the rounded rectangle icon
then click and drag in the report screen to draw a rectangle with rounded corners in the Detail band. Size the rectangle to fit the field you want highlighted.
3. Double-click the rectangle. In the Round Rectangle dialog box,
select the Print When check box.
4. In the Print When dialog box, select the "Print only when
expression is true..." check box.
5. In the Expression Builder dialog box, enter
(recno()/2)=int(recno()/2) -or- recno() % 2 = 0 then click three OK buttons to return to the report window.
6. With the rectangle object selected, choose Fill from the Object
menu, and select the desired color.
7. From the Object menu, choose Mode, and select Transparent. 8. Create a field by clicking the third icon in the toolbar. Place
it on top of the rectangle.
9. From the Report menu, choose Page Preview to see the results of
NOTE: This method can be used on a database based on any index order.
1. Follow steps 1-4 in Method 1.
2. In step 5 above, replace the expression with the following:
3. From the Report menu, choose Variables, and choose the Add button,
then enter the following information in the Variable Definition dialog box: Variable name: mycount Value to Store: mycount+1 Calculation: None Initial Value: 0 Reset: End of Report
Additional reference words: FoxWin 2.50 RWriter KBCategory: kbprg KBSubcategory: FxtoolRwriter
Last Reviewed: June 27, 1995