Microsoft KB Archive/102748
Article ID: 102748
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail Gateway to X.400 3.2
This article was previously published under Q102748
Version 3.2 of Microsoft Mail Gateway to X.400 may give this error on an outbound connection:
The gateway failed to initialize the protocol stack for an outgoing call. An earlier message may indicate the problem.
This error may occur during an attempt to connect to a remote message transfer agent (MTA). Some possible reasons for this error are:
- The remote MTA is busy and is not accepting any calls.
- An incorrect X.25 number is specified for the remote MTA.
- An incorrect X.25 user data field is specified for the remote MTA.
- An invalid X.25 facility is specified for the remote MTA.
- There are not enough logical sessions between the MTA and the EiconCard. The number of logical sessions between the MTA and the EiconCard is determined by the n parameter specified in the following command:
nabios rdr <computername> /n
Check whether the TP4 or the X.25 drivers are loaded. For X.25, also check whether the EiconCard server machine is running.
Additional query words: 3.20 ErrMsg