Microsoft KB Archive/102684
Project: Can’t Use Mouse to Select Items in Dialog Boxes
PSS ID Number: Q102684 Article last modified on 11-16-1994
1.00 3.00 3.00a
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Project for Windows, versions 1.0, 3.0, 3.0a - Microsoft Access versions 1.0 and 1.1|
If you are using the Cue Card help system included with Microsoft Access, you may not be able to use the mouse to select items in dialog boxes in Microsoft Project.
To work around this problem, close the Microsoft Access Cue Cards before you work in Microsoft Project for Windows.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Project for Windows versions 1.0, 3.0, and 3.0a. This problem does not occur in later versions of Microsoft Project..
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Start Microsoft Access
- From the Help menu in Microsoft Access, choose Cue Cards.
- Select any of the Cue Card topics listed (such as Build A Database With Tables).
- Press CTRL+ESC to switch to Program Manager. Select Program Manager from the task list and choose the Switch To button.
- From Program Manager, start Microsoft Project.
- In Microsoft Project, choose Project Info from the Options menu. You will not be able to use the mouse to select anything in the dialog box.
- Press ENTER or ESC to return to the project.
KBCategory: kbusage KBSubcategory:
Additional reference words: 1.00 3.00 3.00a
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1994.