Microsoft KB Archive/102655
Cannot Copy Paragraph Formatting Across Documents with Mouse
PSS ID Number: Q102655 Article last modified on 01-24-1995
====================================================================== 5.50 6.00 MS-DOS kbother
|The information in this article applies to:
|- Microsoft Word for MS-DOS, versions 5.5, 6.0
You cannot use the mouse to copy paragraph formatting from one open document to another in Word 5.5 and 6.0. When you use the mouse, you can copy paragraph formatting only within the same document. This behavior occurs because in the interface design for Word versions 5.5 and later, only one document window is active at a time. The selection bar is not available in inactive document windows.
This functionality is different in Word 5.0, where you can use the mouse to copy paragraph formatting between document windows. This is possible in Word 5.0 because all document windows are active at all times.
- Use the the F4 key to repeat the most recent formatting action.
- Store the paragraph formatting as a paragraph style.
- Use the Edit Replace command to find one paragraph format and replace it with another.
- Create a macro that applies the paragraph formatting.
- Store the formatted paragraph mark as a glossary entry.
“Using Microsoft Word,” version 6.0, page 142
KBCategory: kbother KBSubcategory: Additional reference words: 5.50 6.00 wdother ====================================================================== ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1995.