Microsoft KB Archive/102637
PowerPoint: Setup Can Only Create the Last Directory PSS ID Number: Q102637 Article last modified on 09-15-1993 PSS database name: W_PowerPt
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows, version 3.0|
When installing PowerPoint 3.0, you may get an error message advising:
The path you typed contains a directory which does not exist. Setup can only create the last directory in the path.
This error message dialog box includes only one button: Continue.
This message appears when all of the following three circumstances are met:
- PowerPoint Setup Disk 1 has been previously initialized or used to install PowerPoint.
- You are attempting to install to a directory that is not a subdirectory of an existing directory but is instead two levels down from the original subdirectory’s path.
- PowerPoint Setup Disk 1 is write protected.
You can successfully avoid this error message in either of the following ways:
- Remove the write protection on PowerPoint Setup Disk 1.
- Restart the Setup program and install to a directory that exists or is a subdirectory of a directory that exists.
Additional reference words: 3.00 notch tab default err msg
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1993.