Microsoft KB Archive/102414
Draw: Pasting Text from the Clipboard into Draw
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Draw, versions 1.0, 1.01
To paste text into Microsoft Draw, you must first select the Text tool, and then use the keyboard commands to paste the text. The Paste command on the Edit menu is unavailable when the Text tool is selected.
To paste text from a word processor into Draw:
- Copy the text in the source application.
- Switch to Microsoft Draw.
- Select the Text tool.
- Position the insertion point where you want to insert the text.
- Press the SHIFT+INS or CTRL+V key combination.
NOTE: You can paste only one line of text (up to 256 characters) at a time. Word wrapping is not supported; therefore, in some situations, the pasted text may consist of fewer than 256 characters. Formatting such as font style formatting is lost when pasting text into Draw.
Additional query words: 1.00 1.01 cut copy edit text
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: December 4, 1999