Microsoft KB Archive/102340
Article ID: 102340
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail for Appletalk Networks 3.0
- Microsoft Mail for Appletalk Networks 3.1
This article was previously published under Q102340
The MSMailBackup Control Panel device is included with versions 3.0 and 3.1 of Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks. When you use the MSMailBackup device to back up the server data file, the backup may fail with the following error message:
This error message is displayed when the backup software is unable to locate the destination volume. One of the following problems may be the cause:
- The destination location is corrupt.
- The destination location is temporarily unavailable.
- The destination location has not been configured to automatically mount at startup time. This problem is especially common when you are attempting to back up to an AppleShare volume.
Ensure the destination volume is available and mounted on the desktop at startup time. If the destination is an AppleShare server, the user must enable the auto-login feature and have the password automatically provided by the system.
Additional query words: 3.00 3.10