Microsoft KB Archive/102119
Article ID: 102119
Article Last Modified on 2/27/2007
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0
- Microsoft Mail for Appletalk Networks 3.0
- Microsoft Mail for Appletalk Networks 3.1
This article was previously published under Q102119
When you are using the Form Designer, you can create a custom form with a default recipient, similar to the Inquiry form. The Inquiry form is shipped with the Mail server and always gets sent to the Network Manager.
The following are the steps to create a custom form with a default recipient:
- Choose the Field tool and double-click the User List field.
- Make sure the Lock Text check box is clear (not selected) and choose OK.
- Choose the Browse tool and type the default recipient's name into the User List. If there are multiple users with that name (for example, Network Manager or Jane Smith), use the recipient name and the server name, as in the following:
Network Manager@Accounting Server
- Repeat steps 1 and 2, this time making sure the Lock Text check box is selected.
- Recompile and install.
TIP: If you want to hide the User List, bring up the message box (COMMAND+M) and type the following:
hide card field "user list"
If the field is not locked, or if the name is not unique, the Send button will be unavailable (gray) after the form is installed until a valid address is added to the recipient list. The Inquiry stack is not a good example for this because it uses a different method to pre-addressing messages.
Additional query words: 2.00 3.00 3.10 grey dim