Microsoft KB Archive/102091
Article ID: 102091
Article Last Modified on 8/16/2005
- Microsoft Publisher 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Publisher 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Publisher 2.0a
- Microsoft Works 3.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q102091
When you insert a Microsoft WordArt 2.0 or greater object into a Publisher or Works 3.0 document, you may not get the standard "in-place" editing interface expected when dealing with an object-linking-and-embedding (OLE) 2.0 object. This will occur if you selected the Display As Icon check box in the Insert Object dialog box when you initially created the object. All subsequent editing sessions of this WordArt object will also lack the "in-place" editing interface.
When you insert a Microsoft WordArt object into Publisher or Works 3.0 document by using the WordArt Frame tool located on the vertical toolbar, an "in-place" editing session of WordArt is initiated. This standard OLE 2.0 interface causes the menu bar options in Publisher or Works document to reflect those associated with the current OLE 2.0 editor. This same "in- place" editing interface will occur for WordArt if you choose Insert Object from the Edit menu, unless you select the Display As Icon check box in the Insert Object dialog box.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Open or switch to Microsoft Publisher and create a blank page.
- On the Edit menu, choose Insert Object.
- On the Insert Object dialog box, choose Microsoft WordArt and select the Display As Icon check box.
- Click OK. Note that the expected "in-place" editing interface does not appear.
Additional query words: 2.00 mspub pub20 win31 wordart 2.00a 3.00 pub3
Keywords: kbprb KB102091