Microsoft KB Archive/102087
Article ID: 102087
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail for Appletalk Networks 3.1
This article was previously published under Q102087
After backing up a version 3.1 Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks Mail Data file, the Mail Backup utility may display the following message:
This message may appear for either of the following reasons:
- The user name specified in the Send Status To field of the Backup utility dialog box is incorrectly defined or does not exist.
- The Mail server for the specified user name is unavailable.
This error often occurs when multiple mail servers are scheduled for backup at the same time, with multiple backup messages addressed to the same user. Additionally, it may occur if you are sending the status message to the Network Manager account in a multi-server environment.
To resolve this problem, do one of the following (corresponding to the causes listed above):
- In the Mail Backup utility dialog box, enter a user's name in the following format:
- Stagger the times of the scheduled backups to make sure that the mail server receiving the backup messages is operating when the other servers complete their backup cycles.
Additional query words: 3.10