Microsoft KB Archive/101888
Article ID: 101888
Article Last Modified on 11/23/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.21 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 3.1 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 3.11 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.1
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
This article was previously published under Q101888
If the optional Windows-based versions of Microsoft Backup, Microsoft Undelete, and/or Microsoft Anti-Virus have already been installed and you run SETUP /E using the following selections, the Undelete icon in Windows is deleted.
- Undelete is selected for MS-DOS Only or None -and-
- Backup and/or Anti-Virus are selected for Windows Only or Windows and MS-DOS
There are two ways to work around this problem:
- Run SETUP /E again and select Windows Only for Undelete, and select None for Backup and Anti-Virus. This creates a new Undelete icon. -or-
- Manually create the Undelete icon as follows:
- In Windows, double-click the Microsoft Tools group.
- In Program Manager, choose New from the File menu.
- Select Program Item, and choose OK.
- In the Description box, type Undelete.
- In the Command Line box, type C:\DOS\MWUNDEL.EXE where "C:\DOS" is the directory containing your MS-DOS files.
NOTE: Do not use the file UNDELETE.EXE, which is for the MS-DOS level Undelete utility.
- In the Working Directory box, type the location of the Windows directory, for example C:\WINDOWS, then choose OK.
Additional query words: msbackup 6.22 6.00 6.20 back up anti virus