Microsoft KB Archive/101833
Article ID: 101833
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail for PC Networks 2.1
- Microsoft Mail for PC Networks 3.0
- Microsoft Mail for PC Networks 3.2
This article was previously published under Q101833
With versions 2.1, 3.0, and 3.2 of Microsoft Mail for PC Networks, .MAI and .ATT files occasionally may be stranded in the Mail database.
The following procedure outlines how to safely remove these files from the server.
Before you proceed with this process, you should tell all of your users to remove or move to folders all mail in their inbox older than X days (X is a variable that can be any number, and depends on corporate and administrative policies). It is also strongly recommended that you back up your entire Mail database before proceeding with this process.
- From the Mail Administrator program, select Local-Admin, Storage, Delete, All Users. Set the following criteria:
- Mailbag delete criteria: ALL USERS
- Mail age (days): X
- Mail read criteria: BOTH READ AND UNREAD
- Mail priority criteria: R
- You can now safely delete all files with the .ATT extension in the ATT subdirectory that are older than X days.
- You can now safely delete all files with the .MAI extension in the MAI subdirectory that are older than X days.
Additional query words: 2.10 3.00 3.20