Microsoft KB Archive/101824
Article ID: 101824
Article Last Modified on 8/16/2005
- Microsoft Publisher 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Publisher 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Publisher 2.0a
This article was previously published under Q101824
BorderArt on object-linking-and-embedded (OLE) objects do not import when an OLE object is pasted as a picture. If a single OLE object is copied that has BorderArt applied to it, the BorderArt is missing when you choose Paste Special and select Picture or Microsoft WordArt Object to paste an OLE object.
Use any of the following methods:
- Draw a rectangle around the OLE object and apply the BorderArt to the rectangle.
- From the Edit menu, choose Paste Special and select Bitmap.
- From the Edit menu, choose Paste Special and select Publisher Object.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
BorderArt does not paste if you do the following:
- Create a WordArt object.
- Apply BorderArt to the WordArt object.
- From the Edit menu, choose Copy.
- From the Edit menu, choose Paste Special.
- Select Microsoft WordArt Object or Picture.
Microsoft has Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Publisher 98 for Windows.
Additional query words: 2.00 mspub pub20 win31 borderart ole 2.00a pub3 pub97
Keywords: kbprb KB101824