Microsoft KB Archive/101781
Performance Monitor: WordPerfect for Windows Idles at 100%
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows NT Server version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server, version 3.1
WordPerfect for Windows remains active, even when idle; even when it is minimized, it actively awaits input. CPU utilization in Performance Monitor shows 100 percent. Windows NT lowers WordPerfect for Windows priority to normal/background so that other applications are responsive. This may occur in many Windows-based applications. In some situations, it may be advisable to do the following:
- From Control Panel, choose the System icon.
- Choose Tasking.
- Choose Foreground and Background Application Equally Responsive.
Additional query words: prodnt
Keywords : kbenv
Issue type :
Technology : kbWinNTsearch kbWinNTWsearch kbWinNTW310 kbWinNTSsearch kbWinNTS310 kbWinNTAdvSerSearch kbWinNTAdvServ310 kbWinNTS310xsearch kbWinNT310xSearch kbWinNTW310Search
Last Reviewed: October 27, 2000