Microsoft KB Archive/101738
Article ID: 101738
Article Last Modified on 8/16/2005
- Microsoft Publisher 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Publisher 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Publisher 2.0a
This article was previously published under Q101738
Because Publisher has the ability to do tile printing, you can print pages that are larger than a single sheet of paper. To print posters and banners, you can use tile printing and then trim and tape together the sheets of paper. Using this method, you can print posters of up to 20 feet by 20 feet in size.
You may want to print or reprint only portions of your banner or poster (for example, if a single page printed incorrectly or was jammed in the printer).
To print only one section of your poster or banner, follow these steps:
- Drag the zero-point of the rulers so that they intersect at the upper-left corner of the page you want to print. You can do this by clicking the intersection of the two rulers, hold down the shift key then press and hold the right mouse button, then drag the rulers to their new positions.
From the File menu choose Print, make sure your printing options are set as you want them and choose OK. For Publisher 3.0 and Publisher 97 click the Tile Printing Options button then go to step 3. Publisher will display the Tile Printing Options dialog box.
NOTE: Pub 2.x only. This dialog box will only appear if you have previously selected the Special Size option in the Page Setup dialog box and specified that you want to print a page that is larger than a single sheet of paper
- From the File menu, choose Print, make sure your printing options are set as you want them, and choose OK. Publisher displays the Tile Printing Options dialog box.
NOTE: This dialog box will only appear if you have previously selected the Special Size option in the Page Setup dialog box and specified that you want to print a page that is larger than a single sheet of paper.
- Under Options, choose the Print One Tile From Ruler Origin option.
- At the bottom of the dialog box, select the Print TrueType as Graphics option.
- Choose OK.
Publisher prints the page of your poster or banner that begins at the point you specified.
For more information on tile printing, see pages 347 to 349 in the "Microsoft Publisher User's Guide."
Additional query words: 2.00 mspub big oversize selected single 2.00a pub3 pub97
Keywords: kbhowto kbprint KB101738