Microsoft KB Archive/101612
Article ID: 101612
Article Last Modified on 8/16/2005
- Microsoft Publisher 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Publisher 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Publisher 2.0a
This article was previously published under Q101612
NOTE: This information is in the "Installation Tips" section of the README.HLP file included with Publisher 2.0.
TSR (terminate-and-stay-resident) utilities can conflict with the installation and/or usage of Publisher 2.0, 2.0a, 3.0 and 97. For example, you may have trouble installing Publisher if your computer is using virus protection software.
To successfully install Publisher, you may need to remove the virus protection software from memory by doing the following:
- Exit Windows and restart your computer.
- Disable your virus-protection software. (See your virus-protection software manual for instructions.)
- Restart your computer again.
- Restart Windows and run the Publisher Setup program again.
- After Setup has completed, turn on your virus-protection software again. (See your virus-protection software manual for instructions.)
README.HLP file included with Publisher, "Installation Tips" section
Additional query words: 2.00 mspub install error memory resident 2.00a pub3 virus protector protection pub97
Keywords: kbsetup kbprb kb3rdparty KB101612