Microsoft KB Archive/101544
PPT: Page Numbers Change When Saving as Scrapbook
PSS ID Number: Q101544 Article last modified on 05-17-1998
The information in this article applies to:
- == Microsoft PowerPoint for the Macintosh, version 4.0 ==
In Microsoft PowerPoint 4.0, when a presentation has been split up into multiple files with page numbers and set to begin at a number other than 1 (one), the saved Scrapbook file will begin with Page 1.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Create a presentation.
- From the View menu, point to Master, and choose Slide Master.
- From the Insert menu, select Page Number.
- From the File menu, choose Slide Setup to set page numbers to start at a number greater than one by entering the desired page number in the Number Slides From Box. Choose OK.
- From the File menu, choose Save As. Name the file Scrapbook File by entering the name in the Save Presentation As box. In the Save As File Of Type box, select Scrapbook (Pictures).
- Move the file to the System folder.
- Open Scrapbook File, then copy a slide and paste it in a graphics application. The page numbers will begin with 1 (one).
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in PowerPoint version 4.0. We are researching this problem and will post new information here as it becomes available.
Additional query words: power point powerpt mac ppt macppt multi-slide ====================================================================== Keywords : kbusage kbbuglist Version : windows:4.0 Platform : MACINTOSH Hardware : MAC Issue type : kbbug ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1998.