Microsoft KB Archive/101347
Article ID: 101347
Article Last Modified on 10/8/1999
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.1
This article was previously published under Q101347
When you run the Workgroup Mail application included in Windows for Workgroups 3.1 for the first time, you may receive the following message
where <XXX> is the name of the actual Workgroup Postoffice administrator.
Close the Postoffice Manager and then try again.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Workgroup Mail application included with Windows for Workgroups version 3.1.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Open the Postoffice Manager.
- Select a user and choose Details.
- Go to another machine that has not started Workgroup Mail and start it the application.
- When asked whether to connect to an existing postoffice or to create a new Workgroup Postoffice, choose to connect to an existing postoffice.
- Select the correct postoffice and choose OK.
- When asked if you have an account on the postoffice, choose No.
- Enter your account details and choose OK.
Additional query words: 3.10 3.1 wgpo post office administrator