Microsoft KB Archive/100987
Embedded Excel Object Does Not Update with HPPCL5E Driver
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows versions 3.1, 3.11
- Microsoft Word for Windows, versions 2.0, 2.0a, 2.0a-CD, 2.0b, 2.0c
- Microsoft Excel for Windows, versions 4.0, 4.0a
If you use the Hewlett-Packard (HP) LaserJet 4 series driver HPPCL5E.DRV version 3.1.18 or earlier, with a Windows-based application that supports OLE, embedded Microsoft Excel version 4.0 objects (charts, worksheets, and/or macro sheets) cannot be updated.
This problem also occurs if you edit an existing Microsoft Excel object. Your changes do not appear in the object in the Word document.
This problem has been reproduced with several applications acting as the client but has only been reproduced with Excel acting as the server application.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Open Word for Windows version 2.0. From the File menu, choose Print Setup, then make sure the HP LaserJet 4 series driver is selected.
- From the Insert menu, choose Object. Select any Microsoft Excel object and choose OK.
- In Microsoft Excel, type some data. From the File menu, choose Exit. Choose Yes when prompted to update the object.
When you return to Word, the object does not appear.
Additional query words: 1.00 1.10 1.10a 2.00 2.00a 2.00a-CD 2.00b 2.00c w4wprint win31 4M 4si 4SImx MX 4L
Version : WINDOWS:2.0,2.0a,2.0a-CD,2.0b,2.0c,3.1,3.11,4.0,4.0a
Platform : WINDOWS
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: December 4, 1999