Microsoft KB Archive/100977
Article ID: 100977
Article Last Modified on 12/5/2003
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.1
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
- Microsoft Mail Client 3.0
This article was previously published under Q100977
If you are running Windows for Workgroups Mail or Microsoft Mail for Windows, version 3.0 and you choose Shared Folders, you can no longer view the Inbox.
In both Mail products, there are two types of folders: shared and private. Only one type of folder can be viewed at a time. When you view the shared folder, the Inbox does not appear because it is a part of the private folder. When you choose Window on the menu bar, only two commands appear on the list, Outbox and Shared Folder.
To retrieve the Inbox, do one of the following:
- From the View menu, choose Private Folders.
- From the View menu, choose Open Inbox. (CTRL+G also opens the Inbox.)
- From the Window menu, choose New Window.
Additional query words: 3.10 3.11 msmail outbox