Microsoft KB Archive/100963
ACC1x: Report Wizard Defaults to 8.5-by-11-Inch Page
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Access versions 1.0, 1.1
When you use the ReportWizard to create a Groups/Totals report, if the Fit All Fields On One Page check box in the last ReportWizard dialog box is selected, the report controls are positioned in the leftmost 8.5 inches of the page. This happens even if you have changed the printer driver setup in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel to 8.5 by 14 inches with landscape orientation.
The default page settings are set by the ReportWizard and do not reflect the printer settings you make in the Control Panel.
In the report's Design view, modify the layout to reflect the page size you want. For example, you can extend the right edge of the report and place the controls in the newly extended area.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access versions 1.0 and 1.1. This problem no longer occurs in Microsoft Access version 2.0.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- In the Microsoft Windows Control Panel, set your printer setup to 8.5 by 14, with landscape orientation.
- Start Microsoft Access and open the sample database NWIND.MDB.
- Create a new report based on the Employees table.
- Choose ReportWizard and select Groups/Totals.
- Add all of the fields to the report except the Photo field.
- After building the report, select the Fit All Fields On One Page check box.
- Preview the report.
The report will be formatted for 8.5-by-14-inch paper, but the right side of the report will be blank. Choose Cancel to switch to Design view, and note that the right edge of the report is aligned to the 8- inch mark on the horizontal ruler bar.
Additional query words: reports wizard
Keywords : kbusage
Issue type : kbprb
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000