Microsoft KB Archive/100925
Article ID: 100925
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail Gateway to SMTP 2.1
- Microsoft Mail Gateway to SMTP 3.0
This article was previously published under Q100925
Microsoft Mail Gateway to SMTP may display this error message:
This indicates that the SMTP Gateway was unable to execute SMTPGET.EXE because of one or more of the following conditions:
- SMTPGET.EXE is not located in the same drive and path as SMTPGATE.EXE.
- The PATH statement does not include a path to the SMTPGET.EXE file.
- The actual network path (not the share drive and path) to SMTPGATE.EXE is longer than 64 characters.
- Access rights are incorrect.
- Files or directories of the Mail database are hidden or damaged (that is, MASTER.GLB, NETWORK.GLB, \KEY, \MBG and/or \SMTP).
- SMTPGET.EXE is corrupt or does not exist.
Ensure the above conditions do not exist, and then restart SMTPGATE.EXE.
Additional query words: 2.10 3.00 ERRMSG SMTP GET