Microsoft KB Archive/100856
Article ID: 100856
Article Last Modified on 9/20/1999
- Microsoft Windows Sound System 1.0
This article was previously published under Q100856
When you play compressed waveform (.WAV) files from Media Player 2.0 that ships with Microsoft Video for Windows 1.0 and 1.0a, the Auto Rewind and Auto Repeat options may not work as expected.
The Options dialog box in Media Player 2.0 contains a check box for Auto Repeat and another for Auto Rewind. When active, these check boxes should cause the playback of the current device to automatically rewind and then automatically repeat the active file. However, certain compressed waveform files will not rewind or repeat when these check boxes are active.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
The following steps require that you have the Hanna Barbara edition of Microsoft SoundBits installed on your system:
- Run or switch to Media Player version 2.0.
- From the Device menu, choose Sound. The Open dialog box should appear.
- Select BLIP.WAV from the SNDBITS/HB subdirectory and choose OK.
- From the Edit menu, choose Options and select the Auto Rewind and Auto Repeat check boxes.
- Choose the Play button. (Note that the waveform file will not repeat or rewind.)
This problem affects only certain compressed waveform files, but has been reproduced in files from Microsoft's Windows Sound System and SoundBits.
If any of the file attributes are changed, the file automatically repeats and automatically rewinds. These attributes include the file description, the picture associated with the file, and the file label. These attributes can be changed from Quick Recorder that ships with Windows Sound System.
Additional query words: wss 1.00 wav Hanna-Barbera classic hollywood movies mgm Sound Bits musical instruments world wave form mediaplayer quickform