Microsoft KB Archive/100649
Article ID: 100649
Article Last Modified on 9/30/2003
- Microsoft LAN Manager 2.2 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q100649
When used with Microsoft Windows version 3.1 or with Microsoft Windows for Workgroup version 3.1, the NETADMIN.EXE program that shipped with LAN Manager version 2.2 does not execute any of the available menu commands if a second instance of Net Administrator is started.
Terminate NETADMIN.EXE, then restart it.
Steps to Reproduce the Problem
- Start Net Administrator from Windows and logon as an administrator.
- Set the Net Administrator focus on any available workstation or server.
- Click on any menu command. Notice that Net Administrator executes the command.
- Start a second instance of Net Administrator by double clicking on its icon. This brings up the previous instance of Net Administrator.
- At this point all the menu commands are active as before, but selecting them does not execute them.
Microsoft is aware of this problem in LAN Manager version 2.2. We are researching this problem and will report more information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Additional query words: prodlm 2.20 winadmin