Microsoft KB Archive/100621
Article ID: 100621
Article Last Modified on 12/3/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q100621
If you try to back up files using the MS-DOS Path option in Microsoft Backup for Windows, you may receive the following error message
where <X> is the letter of your floppy disk drive.
This problem occurs if you do either of the following:
- Use an unformatted floppy disk -or-
- Type an invalid character in the path (for example, a:\*.* or d:\?xxx)
To correct this problem, make sure you are using valid characters in the path, and use preformatted disks to back up files using the MS-DOS Path option or back up files directly to drive A or drive B.
Additional query words: 6.00 6.20 windows 3.1 diskette mwbackup