Microsoft KB Archive/100604
WD: Gridlines on Chart Do Not Print Using StyleWriter or LS
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Graph 3.0
- Microsoft Word for the Macintosh, version 5.1
- Apple Macintosh System Software, versions 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.1
If a legend for a Graph chart appears over the top of any portion of the chart, gridlines on the chart do not print to a StyleWriter or Personal LaserWriter LS. To print the gridlines of the chart, the legend must be moved so that it does not cover any part of the graph.
NOTE: The graph prints the gridlines correctly to a DeskWriter or LaserWriter without moving the legend.
To add gridlines to a chart, follow these steps:
- From the Chart menu, choose Gridlines.
- Select either major or minor gridlines for the axis desired.
- Click OK.
To change the style, color, or weight of the gridlines, follow these steps:
- Select the gridline to be changed.
- From the Format menu, choose Patterns.
- Select the style, color, and weight desired.
- Click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the versions of Microsoft Graph listed at the beginning of this article. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
"Microsoft Graph User's Guide," version 3.0, pages 74-75
Additional query words: quickdraw
Keywords : kbprint kbtool
Issue type : kbprb
Last Reviewed: November 20, 1999