Microsoft KB Archive/100445
Article ID: 100445
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 3.0b Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0a
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 6.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft FoxPro 2.5b
- Microsoft FoxPro 2.5a
This article was previously published under Q100445
When FoxPro is outputting a character field to Microsoft Graph that contains values that look like dates, the graph will display these numbers in the dd-mmm (day-month) format. For example, a character field containing "1-10" or "1/10" will display as "10-Jan" on the graph. Anything larger than "12-31" or "12/31" displays correctly since there are no months that would correspond with these numbers.
To work around this problem and display the character fields correctly, place a blank space at the beginning of the character expression. To do this without making any modifications to the actual database file, do the following:
- FoxPro 2.X: In the RQBE window, select the Fields check box. Visual FoxPro: In the Query Designer window, select the Fields tab.
- Remove the character field from the Selected Output list.
In the Functions/Expressions box, type the following:
where <char> is the name of the character field.
- Choose Move to move the expression to the Selected Output list.
- Output the query to a graph.
The character field now displays correctly.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: msgraph kbFP250 kbFP260 kbvfp500 kbvfp600
Keywords: kbbug kbinterop kblist KB100445