The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Excel for Windows, versions 4.0, 4.0a
In Microsoft Excel version 4.0, when you use the Fit To N Pages Wide By N Tall option, you may experience the following problems:
- Automatic page breaks will not be displayed.
- If you repaginate the sheet using the Reduce/Enlarge To option and select the Fit To N Pages Wide By N Tall option, page breaks will be displayed but they will not appear where you expect them to.
- If you clear and reselect the Automatic Page Breaks check box in the Display Options dialog box (from the Options menu, choose Display), page breaks will not be displayed until the sheet is repaginated.
To work around this problem, do the following:
- From the File menu, choose Page Setup. Under scaling, select the Reduce/Enlarge To option. Page Breaks now appear on the worksheet, but they are displayed as if the Reduce/Enlarge To option was set to 100.
- Under Scaling, select the desired page size in the Fit To N Pages Wide By N Pages Tall option.
- From the File menu, choose Print Preview.
- Choose the Close button to close print preview.
The page breaks should now be correctly displayed for the chosen scale.