PRB: Excess or Garbled Information Appears in List Box
Article ID: Q100145
Creation Date: 16-JUN-1993
Revision Date: 19-SEP-1996
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Access version 1.0
When you are viewing a form that has a list box, unwanted or excess information appears in the list box.
There is a control located underneath the list box.
In Design view, remove the underlying control, or reposition the list box.
This behavior no longer occurs in Microsoft Access version 1.1.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open the sample database NWIND.MDB.
- Open the Employees form in Design view.
Add a list box with the following properties to the form:
Object: list box
ControlName: List Box Test
ControlSource: Employee ID
Left: 2.99 in
Top: 0.67 in
- Position the new list box on top of the First Name control.
- View the form in Form view.
- Move among the records in the form. At first, the list box displays the correct information, but as you move among the records the information in the underlying control begins to appear in the list box, making the information appear garbled.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THE MICROSOFT KNOWLEDGE BASE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MICROSOFT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT CORPORATION OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF MICROSOFT CORPORATION OR ITS SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
©1997 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Legal Notices.
Additional reference words: 1.00