Tickets in Microsoft Sideshow

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Emir214

Tickets in Microsoft Sideshow

Post by Emir214 »

I'm currently using Microsoft Sideshow 1.0.27 (not to be confused with Windows Sideshow) on Windows Vista Ultimate, an early iteration of what would become Windows Sidebar (in Windows 7 - Windows Desktop Gadgets) from Microsoft Research. It was first posted long ago (in 2002), and I'm running it with the patch needed.

However, I have questions. Are there other tickets found online? Can new tickets be made? Can these tickets be ported to Sidebar/Desktop Gadgets?

Yes, I know it's an old product, but it's a little useful (for me at least) and I'm a bit curious.

pizzaboy192

Re: Tickets in Microsoft Sideshow

Post by pizzaboy192 »

If you give us a link to the file (I couldn't find it on MS's Research Site) then we may be able to help you out.

PortalCake
Donator

Post by PortalCake »

Microsoft Sideshow wrote:You can author your own tickets to visuallly *snip* Button Show Me How
Yes, I guess you could...
Program run condition: collect keys. Deadline: 2 days.

pizzaboy192

Post by pizzaboy192 »

PortalCake wrote:
Microsoft Sideshow wrote:You can author your own tickets to visuallly *snip* Button Show Me How
I have a sick feeling that that button leads to a webpage that no longer exists.

Why not try decompiling a ticket file?

PortalCake
Donator

Post by PortalCake »

pizzaboy192 wrote:
PortalCake wrote:
I have a sick feeling that that button leads to a webpage that no longer exists.

Or, the button may link to a local CHM.

Emir214

Post by Emir214 »

PortalCake wrote:
pizzaboy192 wrote:
PortalCake wrote:

Or, the button may link to a local CHM.
It has never been uploaded at Microsoft Research (at least the application itself). It was leaked by WinBeta.Org in 2002. Maybe I'll post these files later.

EDIT: I uploaded it here. Please see the .NFO file on how to install this. Please reupload this to other sources if needed.

PortalCake
Donator

Post by PortalCake »

Emir214 wrote: It has never been uploaded at Microsoft Research (at least the application itself). It was leaked by WinBeta.Org in 2002. Maybe I'll post these files later.

EDIT: I uploaded it here. Please see the .NFO file on how to install this. Please reupload this to other sources if needed.
Can I post it up to the BA FTP, or are you going to do it?

Emir214

Post by Emir214 »

PortalCake wrote:
Emir214 wrote: It has never been uploaded at Microsoft Research (at least the application itself). It was leaked by WinBeta.Org in 2002. Maybe I'll post these files later.

Please do post it on the FTP. I recently uninstalled FileZilla, that's why I don't use the BA FTP.

PortalCake
Donator

Post by PortalCake »

Emir214 wrote:
PortalCake wrote:

Please do post it on the FTP. I recently uninstalled FileZilla, that's why I don't use the BA FTP.
Okay, going to upload it.

EDIT: Uploaded it to the FTP. Now waiting for Andy to move it.