next windows os?

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Deathwarder

next windows os?

Post by Deathwarder »

What is the next os to come out of microsoft? When will we start seeing betas for it?

Vista Ultimate R2

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

I think it is something like:

LH Server: second half of 2007
SBS and Centro: a little later than LH Server
Vista SP1: end of 2007/early 2008
Vista R2: about 2 years away (maybe more, knowing Microsoft?) - codename "Fiji" (unless they decide to merge this with SP1?)
Vienna: next generation OS - probably a good few years off

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

I'd rather say Vista SP1 will come out more shortly after LH Server...

Vista Ultimate R2

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

I'd be surprised to see a service pack for Vista so soon after its release, but I suppose they might be able to manage it. When do you reckon LH Server will appear? Hopefully soon - I just realised I haven't touched any LH/Vista Server builds at all yet, so I might give it a go if a public beta appears. I'm too low on hard disk space to try it now anyway I should have got my second disk by the time a public beta appears though

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

I don't know when LH Server will go RTM, but I'm eagerly waiting for a beta 3 build of it. After having tried the beta 1 and various beta 2 titled builds, I'm looking forward to a "feature-complete" version of it.

Deathwarder

Post by Deathwarder »

I meant betas, like when will they start with vienna betas?

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

years away yet.

Beta Freak

Post by Beta Freak »

I would expect to see screens of a build about 1/2 through the year and possibly a leak towards the end of the year.
Just remember Vista was never meant to take this long, I would assume MS would do the next OS a bit faster.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

well in that 1/2 of a year you have longhorn server, centro and home server. so of course there will be screens. but for vienna it will be ages away yet, we might get an early leak if we are lucky like 3683 (hopefully not as messed up)