Windows 7 can't find my Nvidia 8600 GT video card

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
SLAYERMAGGOT

Windows 7 can't find my Nvidia 8600 GT video card

Post by SLAYERMAGGOT »

I've tried a few builds and installed some graphic drivers in compatibility modus from Windows XP SP2/Vista and extracted the Drivers setups and started them manually with compatiblity modus too.
The Problem is that Windows 7 can't find any videocard on my PC, that sounds weird and i dunno why that happen.
For now i using build 7022, but i got the same problems with other Windows 7 Build.
I've installed Windows Vista too and it worked without any problems.
And without any graphic card the complete OS will lag as hell and hanging up.
I will be very thankful for any solution for this problem.

Here are my Specs:

Motherboard: ASUSTeK M2A-VM
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT with 1GB
RAM: 2 GB
HDD: Western Digital 80 GB + TrekStor DataStation maxi.mu 750 GB

And here you can see it doesn't show up any graphic card:

4tified
Donator

Re: Windows 7 can't find my Nvidia 8600 GT video card

Post by 4tified »

Odd... I have a BFG nVidia 8600GT OC card and it's detected fine throughout all the Windows 7 builds so far.
Laptop: Precision M6300 2.4GHz Core 2 T8300 / 4GB RAM / 320GB HD / ATI Quadro FX 3600m
Server: PowerEdge 1950 (Gen III) (x1) 2.5Ghz Xeon E5420 / 24GB FB-DDR2 / 1.5tb 7.2k SAS RAID 0
Desktop: Precision T5500 2.66GHz Xeon X5650 / 24GB DDR3 ECC / 2x 300GB Seagate 15k7

Ambig

Post by Ambig »

It's probably under "Other Device." Have you tried installing your drivers through the device manager? Nvidia's driver package unpacks the drivers to a folder, usually under C:\Nvidia. You should be able to point the driver installation in the device manager to there and it should pick up what to install.

Day2Die
Donator

Post by Day2Die »

Go to laptopvideo2go and you will have what you need.
Never leave home without PeerBlock, or you might not return at all.

SLAYERMAGGOT

Post by SLAYERMAGGOT »

@4tified: I'm not sure about the Brand of the graphic card, but i think it was XFX.
When i run GPU-Z it says unknown architecture and when i install Vista drivers in compatibilty modus it says:
Setup detected that the operating system in use is not windows. This Setup Program its associated are designed to run only on Windows. The installation will be terminated.
When i install the 181.71 Drivers (orginal and modified) for 7 it says: The nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware, setup will now exit.

@Ambig: I've updated the drivers of these unkown device and it founds an ATK0110 ACPI Utility.
I read it's something for the motherboard, but i'm not sure. It doesn't take any effect for my graphic card at all.

@Day2Die: Well, it doesn't even can locate any graphic card on my PC.

SLAYERMAGGOT

Post by SLAYERMAGGOT »

Can someone help me, please?

Day2Die
Donator

Post by Day2Die »

SLAYERMAGGOT wrote:Can someone help me, please?
OK, you will have to download driver and the modded inf from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/. Extract the driver and replace the default inf with the modded inf. IMPORTANT: The driver from laptopvideo2go does not include the modded inf, you will have their modded inf file separately.

This is what I got with the default inf:

And this is what I got with a modded inf:

Does this help?
Never leave home without PeerBlock, or you might not return at all.

SLAYERMAGGOT

Post by SLAYERMAGGOT »

Thanks man.
Ok i got the modded driver and extracted it, then there is a nv_disp.inf in that folder.
I suppose this is the orginal one.
EDIT: Ok the modded inf's are avaible on here: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/enhancer
Now i've installed XP on a cleaned system, but i will try if this works for Windows 7 Build 7057 x86

SLAYERMAGGOT

Post by SLAYERMAGGOT »

I don't want to bump this, just want to clearify that everything works great after a BIOS Update.
The BIOS haven't updated since 2007. And now Windows 7 find and install automaticly graphic drivers and i don't have lags.