[eBay] Hi-grade Notebook/Laptop (Model 8615) Celeron M

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Pureelite
Donator

[eBay] Hi-grade Notebook/Laptop (Model 8615) Celeron M

Post by Pureelite »

This is my laptop which i bought 1 year ago from littlewoods (now redundant shop)

It's running very smoothely with a fresh install of windows XP on it, this instalation has nto been used for anything and is untouched. User has been logged on to install all drivers fro the system.

The only problem with this laptop is the left "Alt" key does not work but is still secured onto the laptop, this could be fixed if the time and effort was put in.

The laptop has a 256MB RAM Module installed along with a 1GB Module Also.

The screen is a 15.4" WXGA 1200x800 Widescreen on Intel Graphic's (Doesnt support aero)

I can comfirm this laptop works with linux and would make an ideal linux portable workstation. I have also had all longhorn and vista builds running on this along with a copy of Mac OSX86.

The laptop has..

1 PCMIA card expansion slot
3 USB 2.0 Ports
1.USB 1.1 Port
100/10MB LAN
High Defination Audio (Headphone and Mic Ports)
Standard 56k modem
External VGA Port
CD-RW (DVD player)
And is shipped with a complete mains charger in working condition.

See it close up...

http://i36.tinypic.com/2l9qt7n.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2wfidjd.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/nzk8zp.jpg

Please e-mail me with any questions at all, i will respond with as much info as possible,

happy bidding.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0275296958

KCLiVES
Donator

Post by KCLiVES »

You might want to add the CPU spec

Pureelite
Donator

Post by Pureelite »

Oh yes Thanks, I forgot about that

QuiescentWonder
Donator

Post by QuiescentWonder »

In case you were wondering, replacing a laptop keyboard is almost as easy as swapping out RAM. It's really not difficult to do. Of course, I've never heard of Hi Grade brand laptops before, good luck finding a keyboard that fits. I'm sure there are tons out there, but how are you going to know they fit without having them? I suppose you could try to find a match if you can read a part number off the one that's already on there.

Pureelite
Donator

Post by Pureelite »

yeah i know tey are very easy to do but you couldnt tell from the pictures that it is actaully broken, As im selling it the buyer could do it themselves

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

Reason for sale?

Pureelite
Donator

Post by Pureelite »

I need some money..... i am saving up for a mac book (for college)

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

what good is a macbook for collage?
I'm wondering since everyone is getting one for that purpose.
I don't see a difference using either a windows laptop or macbook.

Pureelite
Donator

Post by Pureelite »

Well i was using OSX86 for a while and i like macs now as mucb as windows.

mac is probs better for college anyway, i am doing media studdies ect web design.... so i think a mac would be good.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Neological wrote:Well i was using OSX86 for a while and i like macs now as mucb as windows.

mac is probs better for college anyway, i am doing media studdies ect web design.... so i think a mac would be good.
I'd ask Craig if he recommends that, since he used a Mac for his Media Studies course, and I know he kept switching between Windows and Mac because Mac couldn't do what he needed it to.

Vista Ultimate R2

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

The Mac does give you the best of both worlds though given that it runs both Windows and OS X, so if you find you need something not available for OS X you can be in Windows in under a minute. Interestingly, I found the other day that amazingly you can actually play the Windows version of GTA Vice City pretty much flawlessly on OS X using CrossOver, so you could maybe even use Windows apps in that way, it seems as though CrossOver is pretty good now. Remember though that the MacBook costs twice as much as a PC laptop for a similar or lower spec, so you might be better off with a PC running OSx86.

mdogg
Donator

Post by mdogg »

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:The Mac does give you the best of both worlds though given that it runs both Windows and OS X, so if you find you need something not available for OS X you can be in Windows in under a minute. Interestingly, I found the other day that amazingly you can actually play the Windows version of GTA Vice City pretty much flawlessly on OS X using CrossOver, so you could maybe even use Windows apps in that way, it seems as though CrossOver is pretty good now. Remember though that the MacBook costs twice as much as a PC laptop for a similar or lower spec, so you might be better off with a PC running OSx86.
CrossOver does work quite well but it would be better if Microsoft Office worked properly for me. I just got some message saying I needed some CrossOver Web thing and when I tried to install it, it just gave me an error. I made a new bottle and everything installed fine but when I tried to run Office, it just gave me another error.

Pureelite
Donator

Post by Pureelite »

Just lowered the starting price to £130.... and the buy it now is £180
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0275296958

I have wanted a mac for a long time and people keep trying to talk me out of it. If you buy a mac you will learn how to get around the problems.