[REQ] Windows XP Starter

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
MugenFox
Donator

[REQ] Windows XP Starter

Post by MugenFox »

I really need Windows XP Starter because my friend's old PC is made for 98SE or 2000 and XP Starter will be perfect for him. If anyone has it, please upload.

Vista Ultimate R2

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

Use Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs or a stripped-down installation of XP - that way you will get a lightweight but full XP-based OS, Starter is a very badly crippled OS (you can't run more than 3 applications at once, I think it has a maximum resolution of 800x600 or something, and I've never been able to fine it anywhere online anyway whereas Fundamentals or normal XP are very common). FLP or standard XP will be ok with 64 MB of memory and fine with 128, and anyway memory is cheap nowadays

MugenFox
Donator

Post by MugenFox »

I know but my friend is a collector and he says he specifically wants the starter edition.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

MugenFox wrote:I know but my friend is a collector and he says he specifically wants the starter edition.
As stated above, nobody has found it anywhere online yet so you will h ave a hard job finding it unless someone has it and is willing to upload it.

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

I would too like this to experiment with, however it has never been leaked, to my knowledge.
-Jeff

AnDrEwP182

Post by AnDrEwP182 »

I have starter edition somewhere around here. Will it matter that it is in Brazilian Portuguese? I don't think it had an English release.

MugenFox
Donator

Post by MugenFox »

OMG
If you find an English release that would rule otherwise I can use nLite or something to integrate an English MUI into it.

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

No it cant.

MUI packs are for Professional's only, XP Starter Edition is based on XP HOME EDITION.

MugenFox
Donator

Post by MugenFox »

Well I still have some ways to integrate it in there.

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

Try it, if it works can you share it? (i know its still warez, but share it without a key (like andy said above).

I hope it works!

MugenFox
Donator

Post by MugenFox »

Was this uploaded or not?

AnDrEwP182

Post by AnDrEwP182 »

No I have not started, but I will upload this ISO, no key though. I am not sure if other XP keys like Home Edition keys will work, but I just used the one on my Starter Edition papers.

*UPLOADED* Waiting for Andy to transfer file.

Dion

Post by Dion »

AnDrEwP182 wrote:No I have not started, but I will upload this ISO, no key though. I am not sure if other XP keys like Home Edition keys will work
Not likely, this is an oem, the key is what determines the operating system installed.
If you use an oem home key, it'll install as a home build.
Similar to using an oem pro key on media center, it'll install as pro, not mce.

Frozenport
Location: The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Post by Frozenport »

Back to the author's post... Consider using a hacked up version called "Windows XPL"... They did the hacking up for you...
Part Time Troll - HPC Enthusiast - Spelling Master - Old Fart

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

How big is it?

And i have my own key for starter (found it after searching for months on the internet, and no sharing those key's is warez, try searching your self).

And XP Starter is a collector's item, i only wish that tweakNt could convert Home Edition to starter.

MugenFox
Donator

Post by MugenFox »

Please upload it. I'll post a cracked version if I'm allowed to on the server after I can get it. To make my self clearer, I'll take the ISO and post an unattended one.

OMG Can't wait! I'll get Starter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:
Oh yeah guys here is how to get the serial completely legally without download or warez. This is a Microsoft Forgotten Serial Way and please don't get me in trouble for this Admins.
Go to I386 and open winnt.sif in Notepad. I'm telling nothing more!

MugenFox
Donator

Is this online?

Post by MugenFox »

Is this online? I thought it said it was uploaded.

Bender
Donator

Post by Bender »

Calm down please. If he uploaded it, the file might not be moved to the download account yet. Just wait a bit and you can get your file.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"

MugenFox
Donator

Post by MugenFox »

Sorry. I thought that when you upload it on the FTP, it automatically goes on the FTP.

Dion

Post by Dion »

MugenFox wrote:Oh yeah guys here is how to get the serial completely legally without download or warez. This is a Microsoft Forgotten Serial Way and please don't get me in trouble for this Admins.
Go to I386 and open winnt.sif in Notepad. I'm telling nothing more!
If the I386 folder has a winnt.sif in it, & the product key is in the winnt.sif.
Then extracting a key for the installation is not nesessary.
The winnt.sif is used by the setup routine, any information in the winnt.sif will be used by the setup,
including the product key if in the winnt.sif.

motherboardlove
Donator

Post by motherboardlove »

Does it require activation?

If it does, I know how to stop it, if you have a VLK. just change the key to the VLK key! Presto! done!

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

motherboardlove wrote:Does it require activation?

If it does, I know how to stop it, if you have a VLK. just change the key to the VLK key! Presto! done!
Uh, you don't get it.

This is not XP Home or Professional, it based on XP Home, but it doesn't work that way.
This version can't be cracked (i've tried) then it say's that the catalogs are wrong and end-up being a blue-screen.

And this version is similar to the Vista Starter, wich runs only 3 programs at one, so it's just an collectable item and small test platform.

And this is a bump over 30 days, just saying.
And that kind of talking is warez because it's a final product.