Lotus 1-2-3 4.01 for Windows throws a chdir failed error

Discuss any beta and abandonware applications.
Darthron2005

Lotus 1-2-3 4.01 for Windows throws a chdir failed error

Post by Darthron2005 »

I have downloaded Lotus 1-2-3 4.01 for Windows from WinWorldPC and every time the installer isn't started from a floppy, it crashes and shows a chdir failed error. I have already tried starting the installer from the C: drive, putting the install files into the root of a separate partition, putting the files on a CD and using the subst command to set drive A: as the folder with the install files. Has anyone here have any Idea how to get rid of the error without using floppy disks?

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: Lotus 1-2-3 4.01 for Windows throws a chdir failed error

Post by mrpijey »

Ask them instead? This isn't winworld, we don't support their releases.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Darthron2005

Post by Darthron2005 »

Well the error seems to be caused by some piece of code failing as the error only happens when the installer is started from anything that isn't a floppy. It runs just fine if started from a floppy. I'll try attaching a debugger to the installer to try and see what it outputs before throwing the error.
Update: the issue is definitely not connected to the site i got it from as it also happens on the release from the FTP.

captainlinux8880

Post by captainlinux8880 »

Perhaps this is an emulator glitch, or the size of the floppy disks does not match the size of the virtual floppy drive.