PS3 disc rips using DIC

Discussions about the database and download system. Use this forum if you have questions, find bugs, or need help.
Archive Access status is required to download files from our database. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Archive Access status is required to download files from our database. Find out how to get it
NiQ

PS3 disc rips using DIC

Post by NiQ »

I have one of those drive models that can read PS3 discs.
I'd appreciate if someone could give me the DIC command to dump those. Is it just a regular bd rip or do I need any specific command line arguments?
Also, disc rips on PC drives are encrypted, should I decrypt them and upload the decrypted file or should I upload the raw image (in which case a key in the form of an IRD file is needed for decryption, how do I attach it then?)

Thank you!

NKLOL1938

Re: PS3 disc rips using DIC

Post by NKLOL1938 »

NUH UH!
Console games can't be put here unless they are beta/incomplete.

NiQ

Post by NiQ »

NKLOL1938 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 am
NUH UH!
Ugh, the rule page said "any platform, any age".
And I have some beta games too but then the rules say "only factory pressed discs", which is impossible for betas.

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

NiQ wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:00 am
It does, right? So maybe don't listen to random people who know everything better, even though they are only here since a few months. The only authorative answers you should pay attention to are those that come from a mod/admin.
I would think it is fine, but there probably have not yet been any standards defined on how to dump PS3 games, and that has to come frmo mrpijey.
NiQ wrote:
And I have some beta games too but then the rules say "only factory pressed discs", which is impossible for betas.
It's definitely not impossible, why would you think that? Why would betas not be able to exist on pressed discs?
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

NiQ

Post by NiQ »

Darkstar wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:41 am
NiQ wrote:
It does, right? So maybe don't listen to random people who know everything better, even though they are only here since a few months. The only authorative answers you should pay attention to are those that come from a mod/admin.
I would think it is fine, but there probably have not yet been any standards defined on how to dump PS3 games, and that has to come frmo mrpijey.
I haven't asked anyone... it's from the contributions page (Section 3, line 2) -
https://www.betaarchive.com/contributions.php
NiQ wrote:
It's definitely not impossible, why would you think that? Why would betas not be able to exist on pressed discs?
Because I have several, for both PS2 and PS3.
I have a few promo-only discs, which are indeed factory pressed discs, sent to game magazines a bit before release. They look different but the games themselves seem to be identical.
The real betas that I have - well, those are builds that were used for internal QA testing in the game studios they are on DVD-R (for PS2) and BD-R (for PS3), probably because they were never intended to be used by anyone but the studio's internal QA teams.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

NiQ wrote:
NKLOL1938 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 am
NUH UH!
While it does say that the guidelines also has an exception list, one which console games are listed. We don't archive console games at this point as other groups do it better, and we don't have the resources to test out these games. We do however archive console betas.

And original beta discs definitively exists, we have a lot of them. And non/original beta discs are the only console games we do accept.

You are of course most welcome to dump and upload the disc to us, but it will then be placed in cold storage until the day we can release it to the public. If you choose to do so then please upload the encrypted copy along with any tools we can use to create an unencrypted version for verification.

Thanks.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

NiQ

Post by NiQ »

mrpijey wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:59 pm
NiQ wrote:

While it does say that the guidelines also has an exception list, one which console games are listed. We don't archive console games at this point as other groups do it better, and we don't have the resources to test out these games. We do however archive console betas.

And original beta discs definitively exists, we have a lot of them. And non/original beta discs are the only console games we do accept.

You are of course most welcome to dump and upload the disc to us, but it will then be placed in cold storage until the day we can release it to the public. If you choose to do so then please upload the encrypted copy along with any tools we can use to create an unencrypted version for verification.

Thanks.
Thanks for the response. I've uploaded a PC release for the time being. I'd prefer to wait with the console releases so I don't break any rules before even getting archive access.
PS2 games are not encrypted at all so no issues there, I'll try to see what I can do regarding the PS3 game, I think it might need resigning to work on retail units, but many retail PS3s can be converted to debug units these days so I'm not sure whether that's needed.