Korean Windows 2.1 disks photo was found

Discuss MS-DOS, Windows 1, 2 and 3.
WindowsLover1335

Korean Windows 2.1 disks photo was found

Post by WindowsLover1335 »

Here is a photo of Korean Windows 2.1 disks.
I've recently found this photo on Korean community website. The link is down below.
http://todayhumor.com/?computer_146960
The article was uploaded in 2014, but it seems this photo was never mentioned throughout Korean computer community websites.

You can see, the uploader owns a PC which he had bought in 1984, and disks of Korean Windows 2.1, Windows 3.1 and Windows 95.
Korean Windows 2.1 consists of 3 disks, which are setup, font and application program/printer.

Korean Windows 2.1 is believed to be the first Windows which was released in Korean.
It was released in April 1990, however Windows was unpopular and unknown in Korea that time.
Many people just used MS-DOS, some people used English version of Windows, and few has actually bought and used Korean Windows 2.1.
It was quickly replaced by Korean Windows 3.0 and 3.1, and the existence of Korean Windows 2.1 was only known to little people.

https://virtualwindows.tistory.com/327
This is a Korean blog article which contains screenshots and articles of Korean Windows 2.1 from old Korean computer magazines.
As you can see, those things are only remaining information about Korean Windows 2.1 for now.

There are no dumped files of Korean Windows 2.1 existing right now.
I was able to contact the uploader of Korean Windows 2.1 disks photo via email.
The owner told me that he doesn't have 5.25" floppy drive.
So I asked him if he could sell or lend me the disks for the dump, but he refused because I am a stranger.
I am keep persuading him, but he is so stubborn that it wouldn't be easy to convince him.
This is so frustrating... I fear the disk might get thrown away without getting dumped.

MyFaceNeverWhen

Re: Korean Windows 2.1 disks photo was found

Post by MyFaceNeverWhen »

Don't do nudges that are over the top so that he can mail you the disks, just wait patiently
Nerdiest nerd in the universe.

Emulators and Hypervisors I use
86Box for early versions of Windows, Intel Apple Rhapsody, OS/2 pre-3.0, DOS, etc.
VMware Workstation for later versions of Windows (sometimes early versions), Intel macOS, OS/2 post-3.0, etc.
Mini vMac for System Software pre-7.x
Basilisk II for Mac OS 7.x-8.1
SheepShaver for Mac OS 7.x-9
QEMU for later PPC Mac OS, Windows RT, etc.

WindowsLover1335

Re: Korean Windows 2.1 disks photo was found

Post by WindowsLover1335 »

MyFaceNeverWhen wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:30 am
Don't do nudges that are over the top so that he can mail you the disks, just wait patiently
Thanks for the advice. The owner seems like he has a plan of dumping the disks, but not now because he's got no floppy drive. I will upload the files on the FTP server as soon as I get the files.