Confused

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
theh3podcastfan

Confused

Post by theh3podcastfan »

I have been getting in touch with mrpijey recently about getting FTP access. He said:

"By title I mean you need an actual dump of a physical product. App or game, old or new.

And please stop reapplying until you've provided one, you won't get accepted until the FTP access contribution requirements has been followed and satisfied."

Does mrpijey want me to provide like the app such as an emulator? Can anyone give me some examples for me to understand better

EDIT: Never mind, I get it now.
Last edited by theh3podcastfan on Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Horizon
FTP Access

Re: Confused

Post by Blue Horizon »

What he means is that FTP access requires a commercial product sold in stores or specific retailers to qualify earning the roll. Pre-release builds don't count towards that goal, despite what the name of the place might tell you. The product also has to be at least 10 years old in order to qualify as "abandonware" on this site.

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: Confused

Post by mrpijey »

Blue Horizon wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:56 am
What he means is that FTP access requires a commercial product sold in stores or specific retailers to qualify earning the roll. Pre-release builds don't count towards that goal, despite what the name of the place might tell you. The product also has to be at least 10 years old in order to qualify as "abandonware" on this site.
The contributed title can be of any age, but it will not be available on the FTP until it's considered to be "abandonware". Also, pre-release titles are acceptable as well as long as they are archived from original media. The keywords for any FTP access contribution is "original media", not what kind of title it is.

Why are people still confused about this?
Official guidelines: The Definitive Guide to BetaArchive :: Abandonware
Channels: Discord :: Twitter