Need help with shortcut

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
alpha.burton

Need help with shortcut

Post by alpha.burton »

I'm running xp sp3 in virtual machine but need to know how i can create a shortcut to the calendar from vista beta that i have that works on xp but have it open in "Month" as default.
Day is default set by app. but you can push "Ctrl+Shift+4" and it will bring up month view.
i'm wanting a shortcut for quick launch on the task bar that will open strait to the month view. the shortcut link as is ( "C:\Program Files\Windows Calendar\Windows Calendar.exe" )
any help would be great.

Longhorn Pro

Re: Need help with shortcut

Post by Longhorn Pro »

You Could Try Setting It To The Run As. in Windows Maybe That Will Work? Then It Will Always Pull Up At Startup without issues just a suggestion
Last edited by Longhorn Pro on Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Windows Insider Program Member 2020-2022
  • Legacy Windows Fan Since 2000 A.D

alpha.burton

Post by alpha.burton »

Longhorn Pro wrote:
    Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:28 am
    You Could Try Setting It To The Run As Windows Maybe That Will Work? Then It Will Always Pull Up At Startup without issues just a suggestion
    i can do that but i want it to open in month view as if it were default. like i said default is day view. i was hoping for an option to add to the shortcut path that would do this, or maybe a bat file or something.

dixieLH

Post by dixieLH »

wouldn't "autoit" do it ?

Longhorn Pro

Post by Longhorn Pro »

alpha.burton wrote:
    Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:31 pm
    Longhorn Pro wrote:
    Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:28 am
    You Could Try Setting It To The Run As Windows Maybe That Will Work? Then It Will Always Pull Up At Startup without issues just a suggestion
    i can do that but i want it to open in month view as if it were default. like i said default is day view. i was hoping for an option to add to the shortcut path that would do this, or maybe a bat file or something.

Could You Use Some Kind Of Tool To Make A Shortcut To It? There Are Programs That Do Things Like That.I Think
    • Windows Insider Program Member 2020-2022
    • Legacy Windows Fan Since 2000 A.D

alpha.burton

Post by alpha.burton »

Longhorn Pro wrote:
      Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:29 pm
      alpha.burton wrote:
      Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:31 pm

Could You Use Some Kind Of Tool To Make A Shortcut To It? There Are Programs That Do Things Like That.I Think
      have no clue, thats why i'm asking. i tried to change it in reshacker but it still opens to day view. where its from a beta version of vista it don't remember what you last viewed when using it on xp.

rafaelgs

Post by rafaelgs »

Just to make sure, does it open by default in month view on Windows Vista?
           //We are Amanda~
           using Amanda.Carolina;

alpha.burton

Post by alpha.burton »

rafaelgs wrote:
      Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:47 am
      Just to make sure, does it open by default in month view on Windows Vista?
      not sure, it was patched and given to me by the guy who is making the shorthorn project. its from the vista beta 5321. seems like it should have a way to remeber as the newer one from rtm does(at least on windows 7 it does).i could upload it somewhere and send it to someone to take a look at it. i did ask the guy who patched it but he said he had no clue either. @rafaelgs sent you a PM

alpha.burton

Post by alpha.burton »

still looking for a solution for this if anyone has any ideals, can provide the app if needed