[REQ] HDD dumps/VMs of outdated ATM machines & Ticket Machines

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Steff

[REQ] HDD dumps/VMs of outdated ATM machines & Ticket Machines

Post by Steff »

Hi, for researching purposes Im looking for HDD dumps and/or Virtual Machines of outdated ATM and Ticket machines and their AMI/Pheonix/AWARD BIOS files.

Im NOT looking for :
- dongle emulation
- licenses
- cracks
- patches or anything like that

Just clean HDD dumps / VMs of "abandoned" ATM/Ticket Machines. (preferably Windows Embedded, Windows XP and DOS.)

Yout got old IoT Boxes, Industrial PCs, special Mainboards, CF Cards, Com Express Modules, COTS/MOTS ?

Feel free to pm me.

Zv45Beta
Donator

Re: [REQ] HDD dumps/VMs of outdated ATM machines & Ticket Machines

Post by Zv45Beta »

It would be a miracle to find an abandoned ATM machine, let alone one with a hard drive inside. Obviously the hard drive should always be removed and destroyed as disposing old banking equipment is not like simply throwing away an old PC and forgetting about it :)
Main computer: HP 820 G4 | i5-7500U | 16GB DDR4 | 256GB M.2 SATA SSD & 2TB 2.5" HDD | Linux Mint 21.3 Xfce
XP PC: ASUS P5QPL-AM | Xeon L5408 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 250GB 870 EVO SSD | ATi HD 6450 | XP SP4
9x PC: MSI MS-6368 v5 | Pentium III-S 1266 | 640MB PC133 | ATi 7000 PCI | 10GB HDD | WinMe
Other PCs: 2x EeePC 701 (1x spare, 1x XP SP3), HP 800 G2 DM (Win11 23H2), Wyse Cx0 (XP SP1a)
I collect Windows CE devices.

Steff

Post by Steff »

I wouldnt ask here if Id be aware of the rare factor. :)

Now and then such ATM machines show up on online auctions (untested) and its always a pricy adventure, as you never know if it will even turn on.

Its a lot of research and googling, to even find minimalistic remnants of downloads like "test software" and/or BIOS files. But its "fun". ^^

Steff

Post by Steff »

Well, I got to start somewhere, so why not slowly start with NCR ATM.
I admit its close to impossible to find these things, yet alone imagining beta-versions beeing out there... :$

So, at least older NCR ATM machines, using the NCR APTRA Software, usually came with pre-installed HDDs (Windows XP Emb./POS), but there also had been 3 (Norton)Ghost Recovery discs, that looked like the following :

Recreated from aussie50 aka. Edward Jones youtube channel. (rest in peace, good guy !!!)

NCR
Bendigo V2.3 (Bendigo = Town in australia) maybe because aussie50 is (was) from australia
Ghost CD

Based on
Windows XP OEM SP2V1.7
XFS 4.02.01 Ver 1.10 (Extension for Financial Services. API for controlling peripherals in ATMs. Original specifications by Microsoft (WOSA/XFS)
AANDC 2.06.06 + Patches Release 3 (NDC/DDC = non public protocol on (NCR) ATM machines)
APTRA Promote RTL 2.7.1 (The financial self-service software platform itself)
Solidcore for APTRA 01.00.01 ("NCR Solidcore Suite for APTRA" Prevent the execution of unauthorized code on the ATM)

NCR Reference #325
Order Date 08.01.08

This would be just one example about one of the many ATM machines and applications out there. I'll be back...